Ecological risk assessment in Burrard Inlet and Fraser River Estuary
Submitted by: City of Vancouver, Living Oceans Society, Tsleil-Waututh Nation
- Trans Mountain’s ecological risk assessment in Burrard Inlet had several large flaws. These included:
- Considering only four locations where an oil spill could occur along the tanker route,
- Confounding the likelihood of species/habitats being oiled with their sensitivity to being oiled,
- Not considering the possibility of organisms being exposed to submerged oil, and
- Not considering all of the ways oil can harm organisms.